Saturday, December 12, 2009

IN MEMORY OF NKEM OKEZE

The smile on your face
Lets me know that I am safe.
When you come around
With your hands stuffed in jacket pockets
Eyes asking questions
I can reply in silence
And you know my answer.
It's a different sort of feeling
Because I trust in you
And you trust in me.
Though your laughter
Does falter
And I know
You want to cry.
But thats okay
Because Ill walk by
And give you the answer
Without ever speaking.
There isn't an I
There isn't a you
Theres an us.
Not a romantic us
Or a playful us
A real us.
Because without you
There is no me.
You keep my secrets
Dry my tears
And make me feel,
Whole again.
If Its me against the world,
I know I can't survive.
But,
If its us against the world,
I know I have a chance.

Its not my best piece...but its for you Katie....
__________________
Look back not in anger, nor forward in fear, but around you in awareness

Never deprive someone of hope, it may be all they have

No comments:

Post a Comment